c-Myc translation inhibitors
Anima’s lead oncology program is targeting one of the most undruggable proteins of all times: c-Myc, a major oncogene that acts as a transcription factor.
Using our platform, we discovered and validated highly selective c-Myc translation inhibitors. Our compounds act on a wide range of c-Myc addicted tumors without affecting healthy cells.
- High throughput screening using Anima’s proprietary platform
Three chemically diverse series identified
- Dose-response activity shown with activity at the nM levels in cell-based assays
Compounds demonstrate selectivity toward c-Myc addicted tumors
- Do not affect global translation
- Do not affect other c-Myc family members
- Lethal to cancer cells but without affecting healthy cells
- Compounds optimization
Mode of action of translation modulation elucidated for the three series
Molecular targets of the three series confirmed to be part of the novel target space of mRNA translation regulation
- Next Efficacy in Animal models